A collection of historic photographs from Ian’s family.
< Scroll left and right >
1. Grandfather William Balfour on right, his sons William, Fred, Francis and Chrissie (second wife), c1915
2. Francis Balfour, Royal Army Medical Corps, 1915
3. Francis and Isobel's wedding, December 1923
4. On holiday 1927
5. Francis and Isobel at Alness, 1928
6. Isobel at Gairloch, 1928
7. Driving to Loch Maree, 1928
8. Beach at Loch Mare, 1928
9. Mother, Isobel, with Ian, c1933
10. Notland Castle, Westray, 1929
11. Letter from St. Clair Balfour in 1990, explaining the previous photograph.
12. William Balfour on the beach at Gullane, June 1934, with grandson Ian (aged 2).
13. John Alexander Ingram, Ian's maternal grandfather (centre), with two well-known evangelical Christian laymen, evangelist Alexander Lindsay Clegg (left) and author Montague Goodman (right)
14. John Ingram (Isobel's father) at his house, Invertruin, Ferry Road, 1934, with grandson Ian (aged 2)
15. Francis, Edinburgh, 1937
16. Westray, 1938
17. Home Guard, 1942
18. Projecting cine films onto a white wall or sheet, the norm in austerity post-war Britain, was greatly improved for us in 1948 by the purchase of this roller screen, with glass beads, which gave a brighter image and allowed those sitting to either side to see the picture. (Screen still used in 2021).
19. Francis and Isobel at a wedding in Dundee, 1960